We are thrilled to have Monica, from MHG Beauty, share her top tips for your Valentine`s Day makeup.
Thank you to our creative team who made our little shoot setup possible…Jo Cole Photography and Nice Ribbon Atelier. Be sure to download your `Love Series` prints.
Valentine’s Day Makeup Tips
Valentine’s day is right around the corner so we thought we should give you a few easy makeup tips. First of all, I will begin by asking two questions…where are you going and what do you plan on wearing? It’s important to know the answers to these two questions because that will make it easier for you to choose the makeup that best enhances your overall look.
Sweet Romantic vs Smokey Smudge. Let’s keep it simple…
If you are going out for dinner with your significant other and wearing a pretty dress then go for the Sweet Romantic look. If you are going out to celebrate friendship on a girl’s night out and wearing a funky outfit, go for the Smokey Smudge look.
To achieve the Sweet Romantic look focus on:
1. Natural barely there foundation using a BB cream or tinted moisturizer.
2. Give your skin a glow by using a cream or powder highlighter as well as cream or tint blush.
3. Use a liquid or gel liner to give a pop to your eyes and add two coats of mascara.
4. Finish with a berry or red lipstick.
To achieve a Smokey Smudge look focus on:
1. Begin with the eyes (this way if any eyeshadow falls you can clean with a wipe and start with a clean canvas) use a kohl black eyeliner that you can smudge easily with a Q-tip or brush. (MAC smolder for example) use the eyeliner both top and bottom and then smudge the edge of the lines.
2. Use a liquid foundation something like MAC’s studio fix fluid or Makeup Forever’s ultra HD foundation, they will give you a good coverage but still look natural, just make sure to apply a small amount and blend properly. Double on mascara.
3. Apply a peach or rosy blush on the apples of your cheeks.
4. Apply a nude lipstick and add a touch of gloss.
You are all set! Happy Valentine’s, enjoy!
Nice Ribbon Atelier