You may remember these images from our Valentine`s Shoot last week and today I thought I would share the recipe with you to try this weekend. Pizza has to be one of my favourite meals, especially one with lots of basil, rocket, a delicious tomato paste and parmesan cheese. Yum! Andy and I often make pizza at home and have such fun choosing the toppings…always makes for a great date night on the couch. The recipe we use is one I got at school when I did home economics and I have had it for about 12 years. It definitely looks like it has been well used! Hope you enjoy using it has much as we do…
All images captured by Bruce from Mardon Photography.
25o ml flour
5 ml yeast – instant (1 teaspoon – don`t level off-just scoop from the packet)
1/2 ml salt
5 ml sugar
75 ml warm water (approx)
12.5 ml oil
25 ml beaten egg (optional for a richer dough)
1.Combine all ingredients and knead until the dough is smooth. I usually add the water slowly so that I don`t make the dough too wet.
2. Place in a bowl, cover and leave in a warm place to double in size – 50 minutes.
3. Punch down and roll into a round or rectangle shape.
4. Mix a paste of tomato paste, crushed garlic, sugar, dried oreganum & basil, salt and pepper and spread over the base.
5. Cover with a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar cheese and a topping of your choice.
6. Place the odd teaspoon of natural yogurt on top and back at 200 degrees for 15 minutes. This step may sound strange but it is delicious…a must try!
I love to garnish my pizza with rocket leaves. Fresh avo is always a treat!