Celebrating your child`s 1st birthday is an occasion you will want to remember forever and one that you will want to show your child when he or she is a little older, so why not go all out. Today we are sharing a few ideas to host a `picnic` 1st birthday party where smaller guests can enjoy the outdoors and older guests can enjoy a day in the fresh air. Although the party is for the `littlies`, it is important to consider your adult guests (especially the dads) as you want them to enjoy themselves. Think about a barbecue, a volley ball net or football that can keep the guys busy (in between babysitting) while the mums relax on picnic blankets Below are some ideas for decor that appeal to both groups of guests.
1. Think picnic in a wide open space.
2. Collect blankets and cushions from friends and family.
3. Use a plank of wood to create a low table for little ones to sit at and to be able to help themselves to food.
4. Instead of bunting use photographs of the birthday boy and girl.
5. I love the idea of individually packed picnic baskets. One type for adults an another type for the little ones.
6. Life sized jenga is a fun way to keep the adults entertained.